I feel like I've fallen off the earth the past month. I don't know where I've been! I think I'll blame work. Anyways, my summer holiday is approaching and I am beyond excited. As of today it is 25 days until I fly off to sunnier climes! I've been shopping around for little bits and pieces to go along with what I already have and there are so many beautiful items in the shops right now that I could go on forever but I've tried to restrain myself as much as I can. Some of these things I've already picked up and the others I think I'm going to have to get my hands on.
1. Playsuit - ASOS A playsuit is something I've never owned but always really wanted to try. I thought they couldn't possibly suit my shape but after seeing some other blogger babes rocking them it's made me want to be adventurous and try one out. A black bandeau is a fairly safe choice but it's versatile and it could be easily dressed up or down.
2. Swimsuit - George @ Asda Every girl needs a pretty swimsuit and this one is gorgeous. The shape is super flattering on most figures and the print is even more beautiful in real life. Also for £12 it's an absolute bargain.
3. Shorts - George @ Asda Shorts are another item of clothing I tend to stay away from but everyone needs shorts on holiday and the colour and print of these is really different to anything else I've seen. They're really light and perfect for hot weather.
4. Top - Forever 21 I am completely in love with this. I love the festival vibe of this top and it will be perfect with a pair of denim shorts or even jeans when it's warm here.
5. Dress - Ebay I actually love white clothing but I'm such a clumsy person (I can't brush my teeth without getting toothpaste down my front. Sad but true) that I usually avoid them but for the bargain price of this dress it will be perfect for exploring when I'm on holiday. I'm intending to wear this with a kimono over my shoulders to cover up from the sun.
6. Cami - Dorothy Perkins I have more cami tops than I can count. They're such an easy piece that go with so many things and I want them in every colour. This bright neon yellow/green is stunning and will look fabulous with a tan.
7. Flipflops - Havianas These flipflops are the holy grail of flipflops and they're unbelievably comfortable. I usually hate plastic flipflops because that bit between the toes is torture but there's something magic about these ones and you don't have that problem. The bright orange colour is a lot of fun too, again these will look fab with a tan and a bright nail polish on the toes.
8. Sandals - New Look I've seen a number of bloggers wearing these in New Look's Chasing Summer campaign and I just think they're so gorgeous. Sandals are perfect and the low chunky heel adds a dressy edge. These could be worn in the day or the night and they'll go with loads of different outfits.
9. Kimono - Ebay I just love Ebay. This kimono costs £3.66. Yes £3.66! It's so beautiful and such a bargain price. I think I need one in every colour and pattern! This will work perfectly as a cover up over a swimsuit at the beach or for wandering round.
9. Bag - ASOS Mini duffle bags are my favourite kind of summer bag. I've got a similar style one from River Island but a girl can never have too many bags right? This has such a boho Ibiza vibe and I can it with with feather earrings and a floaty dress.
10. Necklace - Forever 21 As I've said before I love a statement necklace and while I'm sure I already have enough I really like the bold collar style of this one. It would look fab to dress up a bikini with a kimono or with a cami and shorts for drinks in the night time. I love this style over a plain tee at home too.
11. Bikini - Forever 21 Buying a bikini has been a big step for me. I'm fairly confident when it comes to clothing and I'll wear some things people may think are daring but when it comes to baring my body I'm not confident at all. This is high waisted which means I'm not showing much of my myself and I'm also staying in a private villa with the boys family which means I feel less shy but this is still a hurdle for me to get over. I love the hot pink shade and the beautiful vintage style shape.
12. Shorts - Forever 21 Yes another pair of patterned shorts but I think they're so cute (& so cheap!) I couldn't say no! I'm seeing these with the neon cami and sandals for drinks at night and with an oversized tee for wandering about in the day. They've got a fab high waisted fit and they're made from a very soft and very comfortable material. Perfect holiday shorts!
So that's my round up of my favourite holiday pieces, some which I've already picked up and some I'm intending to get. I'll hopefully be able to get some outfit photos while I'm away to show you how I'm styling what I've got.